/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Ashley M. Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> While running ipfwadm (I know, I haven't upgraded to ipchains yet),
> how can I track the amount of traffic generated on each masq-ed
> client?

This is what the Accounting rules are for.  Use "ipfwadm -A" to set them
up, just like you set up the input, output, and forward rulesets.

Accounting rules do not cause any action to occur, but they do count how
much traffic matches them.

> I want to be able to track how much they output and how much is coming
> back into them.

Create a separate rule for each client's IP address and direction of
traffic, and then you will be able to track all of this information.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to