/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
On 30 Mar 2000, Michael Best wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2000, Joel Foote wrote:
>
> > I want requests going through my linux box (192.168.42.3) on port 80 to be
> > forwarded to port 80 on my proxy server (solaris) at 192.168.42.10. I
> > cannot seem to get this to work properly, or at all really.
> >
> > What am I missing, will ipchains/ipmasqadm do the job?
>
> It's a limitation of the firewall code. I've written a patch that allows
you
> to do that above. I'll forward it to you. Also your firewall script must
be
> set to masq based on the source address and not the destination (or it
should
> masq to both your internal and external interfaces).
Since I received a few requests for this, I'm sending it to the list.
You will have to recompile your kernel and restart your machine for this to
work. This patch is based on the 2.2.13 or 2.2.14 kernels. To patch your
kernel source, copy this file to /usr/src and type "patch -p0
<masq-demasq.patch". You can then re-make your kernel by going to
/usr/src/linux and typing "make bzlilo".
-- Michael Best
[demime 0.97b removed an attachment with a content-type header it could not parse.]
[Content-Type: W�; name="masq-demasq.patch"]
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.