/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have a working (or semi working) Masq setup, on the first boot of the masq
server the other linux boxes can see the web fine, but if the PPP connection is
stopped and restarted the linux boxes cannot see the web.  I can ping the ISP
with:

# ping 12.14.193.1

but not with

# ping www.creative-net.net

This only happens from the masq'd machines, but not the masq server.

There is one masq'd win98 machine and it will ping the IP number or Name no
matter how many times the connection is started and stopped.

It is the linux boxes that cannot ping the name after the initial connection.

I feel that this might be something in the name configuration on the linux
boxes, but I am not sure.

I am running Suse 6.3, Kernel 2.2.13, IPChains 1.3.9

Masq server 192.168.0.1
masq'd linux boxes 192.168.0.2,192.168.0.3
masq'd win98 box 192.168.0.4

My IP is dynamically assigned from my ISP on every dialup.

This is very confusing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John Pierce, linux happy but a little confused.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to