/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Just my 2 cents  as well...

Some sites will ask the auth (identd) who owns the connection and the identd
will answer NOUSER.
Maybe that is the problem?

Karsten

----------
>From: Albert Dorofeev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Masq]  Can not surf some web sites from masqueraded host
>Date: Wed, Mar 15, 2000, 01:34
>

> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:39:24 -0700 (MST)
>> From: Matthew Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: [Masq]  Can not surf some web sites from masqueraded host
>>
>> I have been using IP Masquerading for several years, but I have just
>> receintly noticed that I can not surf some web sites from the masqueraded
>> host.  I have narrowed to problem to masquerading because I have no
>> trouble surfing these sites if I am doing it from a non-masqueraded host.
>> I am using Linux Kernel ver 2.2.12 and "ipchains -L" prints the following:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Sites that I can not surf include www.landsend.com, www.4adodge.com,
>> www.costco.com and other very large corporate type sites. If you can surf
>> these sites from your masqueraded box reply to this post.  My wife
>> starting to bad-mouth Linux and I'm pulling my hair out because I
>> can't figure it out.
>
> Ok, so I am not the only one. I use 2.2.13 and I had the
> same problem, apparently.
>
> The site ibm.com was not accessible. It appeared so as if
> the site was down and not responding from the client point
> of view. They tried to access it from an outside machine
> and it worked fine. I could not analyze the situation because
> they simply went to the machine and rebooted it. After
> the reboot ibm.com was accessible as usual.
>
> This happened about a month ago and I was wondering all the
> time what might be the source of the problem. The problem
> did not reoccur though so I did not have a chance to
> get any additional info.
>
> I suspect 3 things: the masquerading itself, the net-acct
> package and the transproxy program. Matthew, do you use
> either of the last two?
>
> If anybody comes across any information about this problem
> please let me know.
>
> TIA
> Albert
>
> --
> Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
> PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15
>   Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
> INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to