/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Well, I **did** go and shoot a lot of time putting together linux-2.2.4 with NAT.  
This seems to work -- for NAT.  So, apparently, between 2.2.4 and 2.2.14, ipchains has 
changed in some significant way to screw up NAT, even though the patch seems to apply 
with no problems.  I suppose I can go find VPN patches and see if that all works at 
2.2.4...  arrggggg...  Isn't it interesting how many hours we fools will play with 
something when it really can't work??  Hmm.. 

-- Joe B.

At 12:17 PM 3/9/00 EST, Michael Best wrote:
>On 09 Mar 2000, Joe Beauchamp wrote:
> 
>> I have several things running on a 2.2.14 kernel including VPN and using
>MASQ, however, I need one machine to get directly through with its IP address,
>so I found the NAT patches for 2.2.4 and installed them.  
>
>Couldn't you just add a rule like this:
>
># pass packets from one computer through
>/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.5/32 -j ACCEPT
>
># masq all others
>/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ
>
>-- Michael Best
>
>
________________________________________________________________________
 Joe Beauchamp -- VP, New Technology -- 4anything.com -- (610) 768-1444

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to