/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Sorry if I wrongly presented my question. But all your help was really
beneficial to me. ;-)
By the way, I want to ask something about ipchains's output parameter. What
happens with the commands below?
# Output rule sample
1. ipchains -A output -j ACCEPT -i eth0 -p tcp -s 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0
-d 192.168.10.1 telnet
# Input rule sample
Can you also correct me if I really understood the ipchains input commands
below:
1. ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -p icmp -i eth0 -s 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0
-d 0.0.0.0/0
This rule is for ICMP. When it reaches the eth0 interface that is destined
anywhere, it will be ACCEPTed.
2. ipchains -A input -j REJECT -p tcp -i eth0 -s 192.168.10.137 -d
192.168.10.1 23
The protocol use here is telnet. When a telnet request from 192.168.10.137
reaches 192.168.10.1 on eth0, packet will be REJECTed.
Thanks.
Onie
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.