/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Ok. I know hosts.allow and hosts.deny. Actually, there was a line in the
rc.firewall-trinity that I removed the comment sign "#". This allowed all
services coming from my internal lan to access any service enabled in my
Linux. I've already commented it and it's ok now. I've assigned specific
internal hosts that can telnet to linux. I've also added ipchains -j ACCEPT
for specific services like icmp, my port of squid, http & mail, to my
internal lan.

Btw, are there any other ports that Microsoft is using asside from
137,138,139?

Thanks for your help people.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sean A. Walberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 2:29 AM
> To: Edmund Craske
> Cc: Ronneil Camara; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Masq] Blocking of telnet traffic internally
> 
> 
> If you're going to do it that way, then you'll want
> 
> in.telnetd:ALL
> 
> in /etc/hosts.deny
> 
> Sean
> 
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Edmund Craske wrote:
> 
> > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ 
> before posting! */
> > 
> > 
> > you should be able to set up /etc/hosts.allow with this:
> > in.telnetd : <ip u want to give access to>
> > im not certain tho.... any other readers that can back me up?
> > Edmund Craske
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Ronneil Camara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 4:17 PM
> > Subject: [Masq] Blocking of telnet traffic internally
> > 
> > 
> > > /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ 
> before posting!
> > */
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi. I've used the ipchains script that was written by 
> Trinity. Actually,
> > > here is the link
> > >
> > 
> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS-files/rc.
firewall-trini
> > tyos
> >  where I downloaded it.  My telnet is ok if someone is going to telnet
my
> > linux from an outside host, it is REJECTED. My problem is, I would like
to
> > limit only specific ip address internally to telnet to my linux. I have
> > assigned a number of hosts in the script but still, everybody in my lan
> can
> > telnet to it. What seems to be the problem?  I would want in such a way
> that
> > only specified host internally will be able to telnet to my linux and
> others
> > will be REJECTED.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
> THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> > or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> > You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> > Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ --
THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
> Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
> 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Walberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            http://www.escape.ca/~sean
"Fore yeers ago I kudn't spel Engineer.  Now I are won."

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to