/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ How do you do,all friends. I posted from japan. I have some troubles of IPCHAINS.Please teach me solutions or hints. I know that my question is very basical one. I was looking for my solution in ML-Archives,but I cannot found it.(May be,I cannot understand english as well, and I am beginner for Linux.) So I posted my question here. Overview: I upgraded linux kernel to v2.2.9 and configured for using ipchains. ping from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.1(eth2) and ping from 192.168.1.2 to 111.111.118.91(eth0) is OK!, but ping from 192.168.1.2 to 111.111.118.92(host in global area) is time out. I think that MASQ is not work. My networks: +-------------------+ +------------------+ | debian linux 2.0.34 | | windows-NT | | eth2|-----| ipaddr=192.168.1.2 | | | | mask=255.255.255.0 | | eth1| | gw=192.168.1.1 | | eth0 | +------------------+ +-------------------+ | | +-------------+ | Global IP Area | +-------------+ # ifconfig lo Link encap:Local Loopback inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:3924 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 Collisions:0 < global side > eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 52:54:05:E3:B4:AB inet addr:111.111.118.91 Bcast:111.111.118.95 Mask:255.255.255.240 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:2277 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:140 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 Collisions:0 Interrupt:11 Base address:0xc000 <<eth1 is not in use.>> eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 52:54:05:E3:B5:5D inet addr:192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 Collisions:0 Interrupt:5 Base address:0xc400 < local side > eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 52:54:05:E3:B5:1F inet addr:192.168.1.1 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:467 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:22 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 Collisions:0 Interrupt:12 Base address:0xc800 ------------------------------------------------------- # ipchains-save :input ACCEPT :forward DENY :output ACCEPT Saving `forward'. -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 -d 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 -j MASQ ------------------------------------------------------- _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
