/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have a PII 233 with RH6.0 I have set up for IP MASQ acording to the
HOWTO.  Internet connection is a cable modem to Roadrunner.

I can boot the machine, and get an OK for loading eth0 (the card to the
modem) and eth1 (the card to the network).  If I have both of them
hooked up, however, eth0 is the only one that works.  I can surf, but
not contact the network.  I can ping the IP assigned to eth1, however.
I do get a light on the card, but not on the hub for eth1. ifconfig
lists eth0 and lo, and route only reflects those two.

If I boot with the cable modem unconnected, eth1 works fine.  eth0 is
gone, of course.

With both connected, "route add 10.10.10.1 dev eth1" gives me "Network
is down".  "ifconfig eth1 up" gives me "Resource temporarily
unavailable".

I have been trying off and on since October/November to get it up, and
just discovered this list (I was using books).  Its got me stumped, and
I'm hoping that someone reading this can help.  Probably something
obvious, but I learn as I go.

Thanx...

Darrell

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to