/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On 21 Feb 2000, Janou wrote:
 
> I am setting up an NT IIS server and SQL Server on my network. Being that My
> Linux Box is the gateway using IPMASQ. How can I redirect the Linux Port to
> see the NT server instead of my Apache server running on *nix?
> 
> I tried to mess with ipmasqadm portfw, but I couldn't get it to see the NT
> server. This is what I did:
> 
> 
> /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 216.78.140.143 80 -R 200.200.200.31
> 80

Looks good.  How did you test it?  Did you try to connect to 216.78.140.143
from one of the internal (behind the firewall) machines?  If so, that won't
work (I have a patch that fixes that problem if you're interested).  Test it
from a machine out on the Internet.

> My next question (after I get this working is) will I need to bring down
> Apache from Linux so that there will be no conflicts? Thanks in advance.

The port forwarding is part of the firwall/masq code which always takes
preference over actual sockets.

-- Michael Best

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to