/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I wrote to the maillist yesterday about some mail
errors I was getting using an ipchains setup that had
been running nicely for a while. I did not get the
problem singled out until this morning, when I disabled
my http server (apache), which I installed the other
day. After I killed httpd, ipchains worked great.
However, I don't know why it was not working with
other. I only want apache for an internal server, can I
make it work with my ipchains setup?

Again, here is my ipchains rulesets:

++++++++
# flush residual BS
        /sbin/ipchains -F
        
# I saw this somewhere ...let's try it ...
/sbin/depmod -a

# Load modules
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_vdolive

# default is to deny
        /sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
       
# Attempt to optimize throughput
 /sbin/ipchains -A output -p tcp -d 0.0.0.0/0 telnet -t
0x01 0x10
 /sbin/ipchains -A output -p tcp -d 0.0.0.0/0 ftp -t
0x01 0x10
 /sbin/ipchains -A output -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 ftp-data
-t 0x01 0x08


# here we go ...........

/sbin/ipchains -A output -d 199.95.207.0/24 -j REJECT
/sbin/ipchains -A output -d 199.95.208.0/24 -j REJECT
/sbin/ipchains -A output -d 209.67.38.62/24 -j REJECT
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.1.1.1/8 -d
0.0.0.0/0 
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.1.1.2/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0 
/sbin/ipchains -l -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.1.1.3/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0 
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.1.1.5/8 -d
0.0.0.0/0
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.1.1.6/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0 

# Whack unwanted visitors
 /sbin/ipchains -P input ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport
31780:31790 -j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p udp --dport
31780:31790 -j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport
21:1024 -j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 6000
-j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p udp --dport
21:1024 -j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -l -i ppp0 -p udp --dport 6000
-j DENY

++++++++++++++++++


Thanks again,
Tom

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to