/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


If you're running DNS on your Linux system, give your NT system 
the internal IP address of the Linux box as the first name server, 
then one of your ISP's dns servers as the second.  If not, just give 
1 or 2 name servers at your ISP to NT.  

The "host name" and "domain name" at the top of the DNS page in 
control-panel are the names your NT machine.  I never fill in the 
names at the bottom of the page, and never have any trouble with 
any MS machine resolving internet names.

The /etc/resolv.conf file on the Linux system is used only by Linux 
to resolve names, not to help other machines do so.

Let us know if this answer is off base from what you're looking for.

Charlie Shoemaker


Subject:                [Masq]  MASQ server hostname
> This is my first time in configuring my internal MASQed computer (Windows
> NT)  and I need a host name from my Linux  box for  Windows NT  DNS setup.
> In  my  /etc/resolv.conf  file  I get  the following list:
> " search erols.com
> nameserver    205.237.126.12
> nameserver    205.237.126.18 "
> But in using command "hostname  -a", I get  " Client13 ". Please would
> anybody tell me where I obtain the correct hostname that will  be accepted
> by my internal MASQed computer (Windows NT) for setting up the DNS.
> 
> Thanks in advance
> 
> Got

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to