/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Dillon Pyron wrote:

> I haven't been able to find anything in the archives, and the
> folks on the Checkpoint list say it won't work, but I thought I'd
> ask.
> 
> Has anyone had any luck getting the SecureRemote client running
> behind an IP Masq system?  I'm told it won't because of specific
> port requirements, but no one has been able to give me anymore
> details.

There have been two reports of success using the VPN Masq patch's
IPsec masq support and configuring the Checkpoint VPN to use only pure
IPsec protocols. There has been no success using Checkpoint's
proprietary FWZ encapsulated tunnels.

CheckPoint has never gotten back to me with any protocol details, so I
can't say for sure that it cannot be done, but until they *do* tell
me how the protocol works, I won't be able to write a masq module for 
it.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
  768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76 
 1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   51 days until Daylight Savings Time begins

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to