/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I'm having nightmares at this stage of the things. For some reason, (don't
know what I touched) I can't access my web server from a browser on my masq'
server. Lynx throws this:

The requested URL could not be retrieved
     _________________________________________________________________
 
   While trying to retrieve the URL: http://web.matematica.edu/~martin/
 
   The following error was encountered:
 
     Unable to determine IP address from host name for
     web.matematica.edu
 
   The dnsserver returned:
 
     DNS Domain 'web.matematica.edu' is invalid: Host not found
     (authoritative).
 
   This means that: 

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.
     _________________________________________________________________
 
   Generated Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:11:43 GMT by unl.edu.ar
   (Squid/2.2.STABLE5) 

You might ask why I'm asking this in this list... It's because I do portfw
with ipmasqadm of every thing that comes to port 80, and rederect it to an
internal machine.
Now I thought that portfw was processed in the masq server, not that it gave
a new direction to the browser where to find the html doc.

Tahnks in advance, or TIA!!! :-)


-- 
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Martmn Marquis                  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar
-----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to