/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have a linux box as a gateway to the internet for 2
win98 boxes. I
recently tried to set up the linux box as a q3 server,
but am having
some problems getting the server to announce itself on
the master
servers. I followed the server setup instructions at a
few different
places (3dgw, linux.com), and while it works well as a
LAN server, it
is not working as an internet server. I can't see it on
the internet list on
the win boxes, only the "local" list. No one can
connect to it even if they 
specify the IP address of the linux box. I think it may
have something to do with
my ipchains setup, but I don't know enough (yet) to
debug it. If
someone could lend a hand with this, I would really
appreciate it.

Here is my ipchains start-up:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

# Flush 
/sbin/ipchains -F

# Modules
/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_portfw

# Default is to DENY
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY

# Define Linux and Win98 machines
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.1/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.2/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.3/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0

# Quake3
LOCALIP=`ifconfig ppp0| grep inet| cut -d : -f 2| cut
-d : -f 1| cut
-c 1-15`
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOCALIP 27960 -R
192.168.0.1 27960
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L $LOCALIP 27960 -R
192.168.0.1 27960

# Keep nasti's out
/sbin/ipchains -P input ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -A input -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 21:1024
-j DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A input -i ppp0 -p udp --dport 21:1024
-j DENY


+++++++++++++++++

 Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to