/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Digital Wokan wrote:
> I haven't applied any patches to the 2.2.13 kernel, as I noticed
> that it already includes support for GRE (and I've done the
> "depmod -a" and "modprobe ip_gre" commands). As I understand
> PPTP, it establishes the connection on 1723/TCP and then shifts to
> IP protocol 47 (GRE) for the actual communications.
The support for GRE that's in 2.2.13 has absolutely nothing to do with
PPTP or IP masquerade.
> Can anyone help out a poor soul who has spent the last week trying to
> get this to work by some means or another. (VPN being the latest
> attempt at getting two computers on two LAN's to speak over the
> Internet. Port forwarding sure didn't work right.)
Take a look at
ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html
Question: where were you searching for information that this link or
the VPN Masquerade HOWTO did not show up?
--
John Hardin KA7OHZ ICQ#15735746 http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5 E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
69 days until Daylight Savings Time begins
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.