/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hello,
        I've set-up IP Masquerading on a RH 6.0 Linux box, but I cannot browse
the Internet with a PowerMac 7100 behind this Linux box. In addition, my
network consists of another Linux box where I have performed the tests
confirming that the masquerade is working.
        I have a couple of questions. The Linux box that is doing IP
Masquerading does not have DNS running on it. Do I have to get DNS
running on this machine in order to browse the Internet on the PowerMac?
        A search of this mailing list revealed some advice for Windows machines
saying that the DNS entry should point to my ISP's DNS server. I have
tried this on the PowerMac but it doesn't help. Is this the correct
thing on the PowerMac?
        Thank you for your help.

------------------------------------------------------
Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Owner                     http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 587-9595
------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to