/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Alucard Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I leave my icq on all the time but my friends would tell me from their
> console, they will see me online and offline, periodically, like every
> 10, 15mins or so (i cant confirm the interval).  has it got to do with
> timeouts?

Do you notice your ICQ disconnecting, and needing to reconnect every
once in a while?

I think that ICQ defaults to sending keep-alive UDP packets every two
minutes, but I'm not really sure.

>    ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160

That seems a bit low.  I use 300 for my UDP timeout, and I don't see
this problem.

I suspect that you should set ICQ's "connections time out after XX
seconds" to the same value that you use for your UDP timeout.

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to