/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I am having trouble implementing masquerading. I have Red Hat 6.0 with
everything installed. The only thing I seemed to need to add was ipmasqadm. I
downloaded 0.4.2-25 and installed it with rpm. I have a 10.0.0.0 internal
network with the linux box 10.1.1.1 an NT file/web server 10.1.1.2 and win98
workstations 10.1.1.3-10.1.1.6 the linux box is also 209.118.77.226 from the
ISP on the second card. All the appropriate stuff seem to be turned on in the
kernel per the masquerading howto and the ipmasqadm man file. The workstations
and the NT server have 10.1.1.1 as their default gateway and the DNS address
from the ISP. My rc.firewall looks like this:
#!/bin/bash
/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
/sbin/ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 10.1.1.3/32 -j MASQ
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 10.1.1.4/32 -j MASQ
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 10.1.1.5/32 -j MASQ
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 10.1.1.6/32 -j MASQ
ipmasqadm portfw - f
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 209.118.77.226 80 -R 10.1.1.2 80
The outbound masquerading works fine but the inbound forwarding doesn't. The
browser on the other end eventually times out waiting for a response.
I have tested this as follows. First with the above in effect I accessed
10.1.1.1 through the network from a workstation and saw the Apache webserver
work. Then from the same workstation accessed 10.1.1.2 and saw IIS work. Then
from the same workstation dialed the ISP and attempted to access
209.118.77.266 which timed out. Then back on the linux box I performed command
"/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw - f". Then from the work station accessed
209.118.77.266 and saw Apache. Then back on linux did command "ipmasqadm
portfw -a -P tcp -L 10.1.1.2 80 -R 10.1.1.1 80". Then on the workstation tried
10.1.1.1 which timed out.
So I get time outs both through the Internet and the local network. Can you
help me diagnose this?
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.