/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> I have a main DNS server that also has IP aliasing on it. The
>problem is when I add an IP alias, named starts to broadcast and listen
>ONLY on the IP alias, even though I have a listen-on option in the
>configuration file.
As shown in TrinityOS, does your /etc/named.conf file have something
like:
options {
directory "/var/named";
listen-on port 53 {
100.200.0.212; 192.168.0.1; 127.0.0.1;
};
// Uncommenting this might help if you have to go through a
// firewall and things are not working out:
// query-source address * port 53;
};
> The machine's IP is 206.168.220.51 (on eth0), and under normal
>circumstances (no IP aliases added), everything works great. As soon as
>I add 206.168.220.52 as an alias (on eth0:1), named starts to broadcast
>and listen only on that alias, causing the other slave DNS servers to
>reject all packets because it's coming from a non-primary server. If
>you try to connect to the DNS (which resolves to it's main IP), it will
>just timeout (and I'll be bumped onto the first slave DNS).
Weird stuff.
> Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
If you don't get any answers, you might want to post
something to one of the DNS newsgroups. If you figure
it out, please let us know what fixed it.
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.