/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I don't think this message ever made it through, so I'm re-sending it,
hoping someone can figure out what the problem is and how to solve it.
Thanks!
AMK4
---------------------
I have a main DNS server that also has IP aliasing on it. The
problem is when I add an IP alias, named starts to broadcast and listen
ONLY on the IP alias, even though I have a listen-on option in the
configuration file.
The machine's IP is 206.168.220.51 (on eth0), and under normal
circumstances (no IP aliases added), everything works great. As soon as
I add 206.168.220.52 as an alias (on eth0:1), named starts to broadcast
and listen only on that alias, causing the other slave DNS servers to
reject all packets because it's coming from a non-primary server. If
you try to connect to the DNS (which resolves to it's main IP), it will
just timeout (and I'll be bumped onto the first slave DNS).
In named.conf, I have ' listen-on { 206.168.220.51; }; ' in the
options specified, so why does it go onto .52 once it's added?
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
AMK4
--
W |
| Digital information lasts forever, or five years
| - whichever comes first.
|____________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> . 303.442.6410 x130
SysAdmin / Websmith . 800.441.3873 x130
Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc. . eFax 248.671.0909
http://www.pcraft.com . 3550 Arapahoe Ave
.................. . . . . Boulder, CO 80303
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.