/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



>Umm, I already switched to mandrake. A company that has a stock comparable to
>microsoft. don't like it.

Mandrake is RH + other stuff.  Both are RH in my eye.



>Interesting approach, but I want them to give me something, I wonder if
there's a
>way to figure out if they proxy a secure transmission (that is a violation)
It
>still might go through their proxy, but the question remains, would their
admins
>are stupid enough to log it ? 

Find someone that has a SSL'ed WWW server and ask them what IP address you
see the SSL connection coming from.


>Here's a nightmare,
>With pump I will always get the same IP address. With dhcpcd I get almost a
new one
>every time I run it. After I run dhcpcd I rum pump and my old IP returns !,
here's
>more twist. Since dhcpcd always stays until the lease time is over, I had do
modify
>it's time to tell it that the lease time is infinite. After about 5 hours of
>surfing/playing Descent, I noticed that my connection was slow. So I ping my
server
>at work, and got a reply (average) 5230.3 ms(same for other sites)(traceroute
was
>useless) .. This is odd, so I loaded netscape, and started few downloads from
the
>server, each download had 2.0k download rate, no matter from where on the net
I
>downloaded. At this point I run pump, my old IP returned and the ping time was
back
>to normal. I'll do more testing, but could anyone speculate here ? give me
some
>pointers on what to try when it happens again ?

That is totally bizar.  Where on @Home's network are you?


--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to