/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>While we're on the subject of Compaqs, I just acquired a Deskpro
>590 used, which I'm hoping to use to replace my 486 Linux firewall
>/ mail server. I resolved a PCI bios problem with "pcimove.sys" in
>config.sys, and starting Linux from dos with loadlin.
What did that do?
>My big
>problem now is the 35 bogomips I'm seeing, which isn't any faster
>than my 486. It looks like the cpu clock is being slowed down.
BogoMIPs is NOT indicitive of system performance. Try doing some
other benchmarks like HD throughput, Seti calculations, etc.
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.