/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



As you may already FTP requires 2 ports: 21 for initial connection & 20 to
transfer data. This FTP module fixes the problem with transferring data
after being connected. I am not saying that it cannot be done. Perhaps the
issue will be addressed in the next stable kernel. For now I just don't
think it's a big deal.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Doug Clements [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 1999 3:04 AM
> To:   Audie Pierre; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:      Re: [Masq]  RE: [Masq]  Compiling modules into kernel
> statically
> 
> At 9:34 PM -0700 7/20/99, Audie Pierre wrote:
> >Although I respect and understand your position, "modules" is the best
> that
> >can happen to a kernel or an OS in general. I am sure that Bill would
> agree
> >with me.
> >Unfortunately, the ip_masq_ftp modules must be loaded in order for FTP to
> >fully operate. Perhaps that will change in the future. For now I suggest
> you
> >get used to loading modules. You may even make better use of your memory.
> >
> 
> I'm sure there are technically great things modules do. I was just
> wondering *why* they can't be statically compiled in. Technically.
> 
> --Doug
> 


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to