/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
We have AOL Instant Messenger running here at our home
network. I haven't tried the "real" AOL program with masq, but I
don't see any problems. I've run AOL at one client site, where they
have the Microsoft Proxy Server running (uggghh!), and didn't have
to make any adjustments to the proxy server to make AOL go.
Try it and let us know.
Charlie Shoemaker
Date sent: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 09:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ben Lovett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Masq] using AOL with ipchains and kernel 2.2.10
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>
> i know i really should try to get it working before I ask for help, but
> i'm not really asking for help.. all I am asking is basically, has anybody
> ever gotten AOL working with IP masquerading? I am going to be setting up
> a internal LAN, and my sister is going to want to use AOL and logging on
> using the TCP/IP protocol. i'm wondering if this can be done without
> doing any special port stuff with ipchains. if it can, or anybody has
> done it before, please say so, and if needed, tell how it was done.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> ben
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/