/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



> I'm running 2.2.10 using ipchains and ipmasqadm to provide Internet access
> for my internal LAN.  I'm trying to run GameSpy 3D 2.1.3.3 (2.13) on one
of
> the masq'ed machines without success.  I've enabled firewall support
inside
> of Gamespy and set it to use ports 26000-28000 (the defaults).  However, I
> am having trouble opening these UDP ports in rc.firewall  I've tried the
> following:
>
> ipchains -A input  -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p UDP \
>          -s $ANYWHERE 26000:28000 \
>          -d $IPADDR 26000:28000 -j ACCEPT
>
> ipchains -A output -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p UDP \
>          -s $IPADDR 26000:28000 \
>          -d $ANYWHERE 26000:28000 -j ACCEPT
>

I believe you'd want to change the range of incoming ports to 1024:65535.
The servers you are pinging are listening on 26000:28000 but your
originating port is a random unpriveleged port. Try the following instead:

 ipchains -A input  -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p UDP \
           -s $ANYWHERE 26000:28000 \
          -d $IPADDR 1024:65535 -j ACCEPT

 ipchains -A output -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p UDP \
          -s $IPADDR 1024:65535 \
          -d $ANYWHERE 26000:28000 -j ACCEPT


> and also
>
> /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L <my_public_ip> 26000:28000 -R
> <private_client_ip> 26000:28000


You shouldn't have to do any port-forwarding for Gamespy since your internal
machine is originating the connection to the external host. The replies from
the game servers will be on the originating port.

There is something of note with Gamespy through masq. If you only have one
or two machines on your lan it shouldn't be a bother. But any more than that
can be a problem, You may wish to adjust your timeout settings for UDP
traffic. Refreshing thousands of servers in Gamespy can quickly fill up your
masquerading table.

Regards,
Jeff



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to