/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I have just set up a linux box running 2.2.5 (RedHat6.0) that has two
network cards (one to the internet, one to the internal network). Bind,
Masquerading, and IP Chains work fine. But I am having problems with
ipmasqadm portfw. If i try to ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L <internet addr>
23 -R <internal addr> 23, it accepts the rule and even forwards telnet
attempts to the internal machine. But the client side hangs and the
following appears in the /var/log/secure on the internal machine:
in.telnetd: warning: can't get client address: connection reset by peer
in.telnetd: connect from unknown
I know that I have to attempt the connect from outside the network which I
have done. Has anyone encountered this before? I would appreciate any help.
Thank You !!!
P.S. I have just subscribed to the mailing list so please cc: me on any
replies in case I have not been added yet. Thanx !!
________________________________
Paul Keel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
513-605-7800
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/