/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Josh Lothian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have an interesting problem.
I'll say.
> Previously, I could telnet out from and into the masq box with no
> problems. However, now, I can only telnet out from the internal
> machines form behind the masq machine. When I try to telnet out
> directly from the masq machine, to the same server, I get the login
> prompt, but it says i have an invalid password.
So, you are *succeeding* in telnetting from the masq box, but the remote
machine doesn't understand what you type. That doesn't much of any
sense, because TCP packets have checksums to guard against their being
lost, or re-ordered, and besides that, when you telnet FROM the masq box
itself, there is NO MASQUERADE involved! So why would that go wrong?
What sounds more likely (more likely than masq screwing up, anyway) is
that the login prompt you're getting isn't coming from the machine that
you think it is. I mean, does the banner match up the same, and
everything? Geez, what a strange problem. Other than that, all I can
think is that the tty settings are different, such as your backspace key
setting. Can you type the username and password correctly without
needing to backspace, and it *still* doesn't work? Astounding.
> Same thing happens when i try to telnet into the masq box from the
> internal network.
You can't telnet from your internal LAN into your masq box?? But here
again, there is no masquerade involved!!
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love."
http://www.dallas.net/~fox/ || -- Charlie Brown
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/