/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Are you trying to login as root?
cause if you are it won't let you unless you add the pts's to the file
/etc/securetty <-- Very bad Idea
Allows hackers much easier access to crack you root account
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Josh Lothian
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 10:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Masq] Telnet no longer works
/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indy ramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I have an interesting problem. I recently reinstalled RedHat 6 on my
MASQ'ing machine Previously, i could telnet out from and into the masq box
with no problems. However, now, I can only telnet out from the internal
machines form behind the masq machine. When I try to telnet out directly
from the masq machine, to the same server, I get the login prompt, but it
says i have an invalid password. Same thing happens when i try to telnet
into the masq box from the internal network. Anyone have any ideas what
could be causing this? AFAIK, it is setup the same exact way as before.
Any help would be gretaly appreciated.
--
Josh Lothian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/