/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



> I have following setup..
> PentumII System with Redhat 6.0 and Masquerading/IPCHAINS working, it has
> one private and one public network. It works fine, no problem.
> I installed NFS server on the same system. I did all the basic tests by
> using the localhost as a client and it connects fine.
> 
> Now, I am unable to connect to NFS server from any system from eithe side
> of the network (private/public). I don't have any other security rule
> implemented yet.
> 
> Please advise how I can make the NFS service available to let's say.. my
> private network.

for port in $(/usr/sbin/rpcinfo -p | grep mountd | awk '{print $4}' | uniq)
do
        some ipchains setup
done

Should help a little, runs a command for all ports that mountd is
listening on. You also need to forward udp port 2049.

If you need more info drop me a line.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X   
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \  >Don't fear the penguin<
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]      /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam (For non-latiners: "I have a catapult. Give me all the
money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to