/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hello,

Recently I installed the beta release of rawhide MkLinux
<http://www.mklinux.org>, or MicroKernel Linux, on my Mac. The glibc
libraries are finally up to version 2. However, the latest kernel
compatible with MkLinux is 2.0.37. On a glibc1 machine (also MkLinux), I
use ipfwadm to do IP masquerading. I would also like to do the same
thing on rawhide. On the rawhide system, I can't compile ipwadm
withought getting errors. The developers who built the RPMS built them
with the monolithic kernel in mind, which is up to version 2.2. Hence
they have the ipchains package instead.

I have read that it's possible to get ipchains working on kernel
2.0.36+. However, when I run 

ipchains -P forward DENY 

I get the error:

ipchains: Protocol not available

Is it just a matter of recompiling the kernel to get ipchains working? A
newer kernel is just about to be rolled out, so I'd like to have this
feature precompiled if possible.

Thank you.

Taro Fukunaga
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to