/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Why don't you show us what your rules look like because it doesn't make much
sense.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Billy Bath x102 [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Monday, July 12, 1999 6:34 PM
> To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:      [Masq]  Re: IPCHAINS kernel 2.2.x (Redhat6.0) w/NFS
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting!
> */
> 
> 
> 
> Hello, Fellows
> 
> I am trying to setup a small server for private use..
> I wish I have two seperate boxes one to do masquerading and other to for
> an
> experimental NFS server. I know it is not a good thing to mix both of
> them, 
> 
> but, I need to use  this setup.
> 
> I have following setup..
> PentumII System with Redhat 6.0 and Masquerading/IPCHAINS working, it has
> one private and one public network. It works fine, no problem.
> I installed NFS server on the same system. I did all the basic tests by
> using the localhost as a client and it connects fine.
> 
> Now, I am unable to connect to NFS server from any system from eithe side
> of the network (private/public). I don't have any other security rule
> implemented yet.
> 
> Please advise how I can make the NFS service available to let's say.. my
> private network.
> 
> If you tell me that, no.. I need to have it on two different systems, I
> will sepearate it. But, this is a small project/experimental and I don't
> want to devote any extra resource to it, if it is even somewhat safe..
> 
> any input, comment ??
> 
> thanks..
> cheers,,bb
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to