/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
You can use the port-forwarding features to redirect the smtp
traffic. I'm doing this with several client sites, with perfect results.
I don't have the syntax handy, sorry. With 2.0.x kernels, there's a
patch to enable this, plus a small "ipportfw" program to manage it.
With the 2.2.x kernels, this support is built in to the kernel, and
another program, "ipmasqadm," to manage it. The archives of this
list, or Dave Ranch's TrinityOs document should have details on
where to get the patches and program files.
Good luck.
Date sent: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:08:45 +0200
From: "Terry lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Masq] from outside in
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>
> Hi
>
>
> Most documentation for IP masq concentrates on PCs on the local or private
> network that need to access the Internet.
>
>
>
>
>
> I have a similar situation, but i am using squid to access the outside world,
> and at present am happy with the solution, except for mail that is.
>
>
>
>
>
> The mercury on netware server is on the private part of the network. I want to
> use masq to send mail to a real IP address which is on the Linux box which
> then links the mail to the internal private address of the server.
>
>
>
>
>
> This seems to be opposite to the setup in the howto. Am I on the right track
> here? Is this the best way to do this?
>
>
>
>
>
> At present I have the hosts file pointing the mail to the private address. It
> works, but it seems unstable.
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards
>
>
> Terry
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/