/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Adam Debus wrote:

>       I am just about to set up a Masq box, but the only computer
> I can really get my hands on is a 486...is that good enough to run
> it on? 

I've been running masq+squid+sendmail+etc. on a 486/66 32Mb for years
now and it's served me very well - and I telecommute from a
masqueraded NT box over PPTP practically every day. The bottleneck is
the 56k dialup, *not* the 486 masq box.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5
 PGP key fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Efficiency can magnify good, but it magnifies evil just as well.
  So, we should not be surprised to find that modern electronic
  communication magnifies stupidity as *efficiently* as it magnifies
  intelligence.  
                                  -- Robert A. Matern
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   68 days until 9/9/99



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to