/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Hello,

As the subject says, I'm having problems with win95. Specifically, networking
a linux box and a the win box. At this point, the machines can't ping
each other. 

However, when I put a linux boot disk into the win box, then can communicate
with no problems. 

Here is some information about the network:
        
gateaway (linux box):           192.168.1.1
win box:                        192.168.1.2
        subnest mask:           255.255.255.0
        dns config:             

                host: betty     domain: bayarea.net
                dns server search order: 192.168.1.1
                domain suffix search order: bayarea.net
                                            distort.bayarea.net

                (I run a cacheing nameserver on distort, the linux box)

I've tried tweaking with windows's configuration in a million-and-one ways:
putting my ISP's dns servers, instead of the one running on distort, having
both, changing the IP address...

When I look at the network card in control panel-> system, it doesn't show
any type of conflicts, in terms of it's irq or I/O address. Under network,
I have the following installed: clients for MS networks, tcp/ip, and the 
network card.

Help! Any input will be very appreciated.

-- Mike.


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to