/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



Thanks for the clarification. I am no expert on masq or VPN. But it sounds
to me like the X clinet/server protocol is being broken by the VPN code.
Unless Emacs does something besides straight X protocols, which I doubt.

Anyone else?


At 06:39 PM 6/28/1999 +0000, Craig Mautner wrote:
>More details: I am running an X server on an NT machine behind the Linux
>firewall. I rexec an xterm app running on a remote machine but viewed on
>the NT machine. Everything appears to be fine. Then I bring up emacs
>from the xterm. Emacs runs in a separate window. As emacs is coming up I
>get Xlib error messages (presumably sent to stderr) indicating sequence
>errors on the xterm window. These error messages come at different times
>(I've tried this a few times) and sometimes they don't display at all.
>Usally emacs comes up and will take mouse input but not keyboard input.
>Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. When I go back to the previous
>kernel, without VPN, it works fine like it always used to.
>
>Charles Curley wrote:
>> 
>> OK, let's eliminate the obvious stuff. You have run "xhost" on the server
>> machine (where Emacs will be displayed), and you have set the DISPLAY
>> variable correctly on the client machine (where Emacs is actually running),
>> right?
>> 


                -- C^2

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to