/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
OK, let's eliminate the obvious stuff. You have run "xhost" on the server
machine (where Emacs will be displayed), and you have set the DISPLAY
variable correctly on the client machine (where Emacs is actually running),
right?
I take it you telnet or rlogin from the server to the client, and that runs
fine, but you have problems with Emacs. Have you tried launching an xterm
on the client, to see what that does? Other apps? That might help you to
determine if the problem is in Emacs or in MASQ&|VPN.
At 08:34 AM 6/28/1999 -0700, Craig Mautner wrote:
>/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>
>I had IP-masquerade working but needed to add VPN support. Once VPN was
>compiled in and working I was unable to run emacs under X11R6. On the xterm
>output I received "Xlib: sequence error..." messages. The message timing
>was inconsistent, sometimes I could get further in emacs than other times.
>Xterm and emacs were the only applications I was running that used IP. Any
>ideas?
>
>thanks,
>Craig
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Craig Mautner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Dept of Computer Science and Eng
>University of California, San Diego
>9500 Gilman Drive
>La Jolla, CA 92093-0114 USA
>(858)539-0548 fax:(858)539-0549
>http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/~cmautner
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
>or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
>You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
>
>
-- C^2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/