/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



>I believe the problem is actually that some WWW sites filter the ICMP
>messages that would allow the packet-size to be detected as too big. >Or 
>maybe it's an IP Masq bug.  It seems that no one can agree on the >source 
> >of the problem.  But at least they agree on what the >work-around is.
>MTU == 1500.


Thanks for the tips, I realized I was stupid not to see that in the HOWTO 
before, after some researching I saw how common this problem is! I am still 
having problems with it after setting my MTU to 1500, I am assuming that 
this is because the ISP not letting negotiation settle on 1500 MTU.  If I 
use the ppp options "mtu 1500" and "mru 1500" and connect, running ifconfig 
shows that mtu for the interface is 540.  If i use the "default-mru 1500" 
option and connect, then ifconfig shows the mtu for the interface is 1500, 
but things still arent working properly.  I am assuming this is because the 
MTU on the ISP side of the link is still at 540.  So I guess my question is 
is there anyway to force the ISP to use 1500 for their MTU?


_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to