/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Mike Bell wrote:

> 
> > When using diald you have a 'virtual' interface called 'sl0' (ie slip)
> > that is used to 'detect' traffic - upon which it will bring up the 'real'
> > link, this case 'ppp0'. I have to masquerade across both since  diald
> > switches over traffic to the ppp0 from it's sl0.
> 
> I may just be blowing smoke here but, when (like a year ago) I was 
> using diald with masq I *did not* have to masq any of the sl0 traffic. 
>  Diald worked just like a charm without any ipfwadm rules on that 
> interface.  Perhaps you should comment out those rules and try 
> again.
> 
> Mike


Thanks Mike - I totally agree. I agree with you and will be changing that
rule next time I get on that machine. I believe it is definitely either
'double' masquerading (once onto the slip and and then onto the ppp) or
something bizarre like that.

Yet - if my 'default' policy is to deny then I will have to add a rule to
fwd rule-set on the slip interface - therefore all I will have to do is
remove the '-m' (masquerade) option in my forwarding rules for the slip
interface, no?

- Rod


--

============ Geek Technology at its best: http://nuked.org ===============
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Rod Moffitt  ICQ# 6696644    Linux: multi-platform, multi-tasking,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                multi-user, fast & free! http://www.linux.org
PGP RSA KeyID 570A0731       Protect your privacy!     http://www.pgpi.com
http://rodmoffitt.org        Net, s/w & h/w consulting: http://vissitt.com
..........................................................................
========= Where loved ones are remembered: http://memoriam.org ===========

         Last yeer I kudn't spel Engineer.  Now I are won.























_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to