I thought I heard a "Fuzzy Fox" say:
>
> John D. Hardin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Why do so many messages on this list come through double- or
> > triple-spaced?
>
> I've asked that question before and gotten no replies. I assumed that I
> was the only one seeing it.
>
> My best guess is that the messages come from Windows-users and have
> CR-LF line terminators. Though that is allowed by SMTP, so I'm not sure
> what the problem is..
I'm guessing it's something like that. I run all the messages to the list
through a de-mime script and then through "uniq" in an attempt to
eliminate as many problems at once as I can, but it doesn't quite do
enough.
What's really bad is when people quote an entire triple-spaced message and
it gets triple-spaced again. It does appear to be something unique to the
mailman software, as I see it on messages that were not de-mimed.
/* hint to people replying to the list--please edit out unnecessary
* quoting. it makes the digests easier to read, and if you do get
* hit by the triple-space feature it won't be quite as annoying)
*/
I'm planning to upgrade the software to a more recent version sometime in
the next couple of weeks. HOpefully this will resolve the problem and take
care of some password issues as well (still can't do away with that
unsubscribe password requirement, sorry...).
Thanks,
Rob
list manager
--
Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * indyramp.com/~rnovak
"You can't always go by the manuals." -- The Doctor
"It's wanting that keeps us alive." -- Paola Franco
No lemons were harmed in the composition or transmission of this email message.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]