Steve Sobka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I installed the MASQ module (http://members.tripod.com/~djsf/masq-icq/) and
> ICQ works great.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

> I am curious to know whether or not people on the external network
> must have their message sent using "Route through server"?

The ip_masq_icq module redirects connections through a masq-tunnel just
beneath the masq port range.  Something like 60000-61000.  Thus, as long
as you don't firewall those addresses, the connections should get port-
forwarded through.  I find that this works, because I often chat with
someone behind my masq box from outside.  However, I don't use the
realtime chat, just messages.

> This is a much nicer alternative to typing in 100's of ports into my
> rc.firewall file for each person on the LAN...

I agree.  Kudos to the author.  :)

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  butter quite like unrequited love."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                       -- Charlie Brown


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to