I installed the MASQ module (http://members.tripod.com/~djsf/masq-icq/) and
ICQ works great.





I know from reading the documentation that the CHAT & FILE transfer features
do not work if initiated from the Internet, but I did find it quite
interesting that If " I " initiated the CHAT or FILE transfer, then everything
worked flawlessly as I could chat and send files outbound.





I am curious to know whether or not people on the external network must have
their message sent using  "Route through server"?


Everyone used to have to do this to send me a message as the firewall blocked
a direct connection every time they sent me messages? They also could not see
my online status.   Now with the module loaded, I think they can?





I am using the basic IPMASQ mixed from the (TrinityOS) and the (IPMasq)
website...This is a much nicer alternative to typing in 100's of ports into my
rc.firewall file for each person on the LAN...





Just my 2 cents...





-- Steve






_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to