I'm running Debian/Linux "potato" kernel 2.2.10 with Samba 2.0.4b and I'm
trying to setup a Linux box to masquerade and allow browsing across the
Linux box. Currently, IP Masquerading is working and I'm using the default
Debian auto-configuration. More specifically, I want the machines on the
local network to see and be able to access the machines on the outside
network and vice-versa. And, if possible I'd like the Linux box to only be
seen/accessible by the local network (not as important).
Here's the situation: There are 3 win95 machines behind the Linux box and a
WINS server on the outside, which I'm not in control off. Right now the
local network is 192.168.1.x on eth0 and the outside is 192.168.100.x on
eth1 (which will be changed to a non-private IP in the future).
I've tried setting up the Linux box as a WINS server and having the local
machines point to it, but then there is no link to the outside machines. If
the local machines point to the outside WINS server, nothing seems to work.
If I telnet into the Linux box, smbclient -L {machine} is able to locate the
clients without any problems or help from DNS, yet the machines don't report
a browse list containing machines from the other network.
What can I do?
Thanks,
-Paul
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]