> I have Redhat 6.0 w/ ipchains successfully running. I
> am loading the ftp ip masqing module at runtime, and
> active ftp sessions going **out** of the firewall are
> working properly. However, I then configured port
> forwarding with 'ipmasqadm portfw', and forwarded port
> 13021 to an internal sun machine's port 21.  I was
> able to initiate the ftp session, and execute commands
> like 'cd /pub' but when attempting to do an ls or dir,
> I get an error like "Illegal PORT command". 
> 
> This is exactly the same error I was getting on my
> outbound active ftp sessions before I loaded the
> masq_ftp module at runtime. 
> 
> Does the masq_ftp module shipping with RH 6.0 not fix
> the ftp issues when the sessions are incoming? Is
> there a potential port forwarding issue here or does
> the successful session validate the port forwarding
> config? Are there other modules out there I should be
> looking for or other tweaks? Any information would be
> great.

Have a look at the command line options to masq_ftp I think there are
options to tell it to listen to other ports for ftp traffic, the options
are documented in the Documentation directory of the kernel or the source
to the module.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \  >Don't fear the penguin<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^
"Commercial OS vendors are, at the moment, all closed economies, and 
doomed to fall in their competition with open economies just as 
communism eventually fell."
                   -- H. Reiser, Unix OS developer




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to