> I was hoping I could get away with just the minimum and convert these to rules
> and I could get the box up and running. I converted the rules to these:
> 
> ipchains -P forwared DENY
> ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
> 
> It doesn't work. I can ping out from the Linux box but when I try to ping from
> any of the machines attached to it it fails. Did I miss something?
> 

Had a quick think about this one have you tried this: (to start ip
forwarding)

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X   
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \  >Don't fear the penguin<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov





_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to