I just upgraded from Redhat 5.2 to Redhat 6.0 (kernel 2.2.5-15). I had been
using IP masq with 5.2 for at least a year with no problem. I am now trying to
convert to IP chains and it is not working. With ipfwadm I had the following
rules in my rc.local file:





ipfwadm -F -p deny


ipfwadm -F -a m -S192.168.0.0/24 -D0.0.0.0/0





I was hoping I could get away with just the minimum and convert these to rules
and I could get the box up and running. I converted the rules to these:





ipchains -P forwared DENY


ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0





It doesn't work. I can ping out from the Linux box but when I try to ping from
any of the machines attached to it it fails. Did I miss something?





Thanks,





Jim
















_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to