David A. Ranch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> These only apply if you are using a modular kernel (which I recommend
> against for clarity reasons).

Really, you recommend *against* a module kernel?  I would recommend in
the opposite direction, actually.  The main reason is that the
/etc/conf.modules lets you spell out which interface is eth0, eth1, and
what I/O, DMA, IRQ, etc. they use.

For instance, here's mine:

##############
# Networking #
##############

alias   net-pf-4        off             # IPX
alias   net-pf-5        off             # appletalk

#alias  eth0    wd                      # When I used my Western-Digital card
 options wd     io=0x240 irq=10

#alias  eth0    3c509                   # When I used my 3COM card
 options 3c509  io=0x210 irq=10

alias   eth0    tulip                   # Currently using a DEC Tulip
# options tulip options=4 debug=1                        # 10-base-T-FD
  options tulip options=3 debug=1 max_interrupt_work=40  # 100-base-T
# options tulip options=5 debug=1 max_interrupt_work=40  # 100-base-T-FD

alias   eth1    ne2k-pci                # And also an NE2000 clone

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  butter quite like unrequited love."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                       -- Charlie Brown


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to