On 8/10/26 07:09, Washington Odhiambo via Mailman-users wrote:
Now, I have a number of spam being sent to the list by non-members. The
antispam rule in mailman.cfg matches and holds the email for moderation.
I am failing to wrap my head around this behaviour.
I was expecting that:
1. Any posts from non-members would be discarded
2. Mail classified as spam (from members) would be held for inspection by
the list administrator.
Your thinking is correct.
The possible explanations for what you observe are the spam comes from a
non-member with a moderation action of default processing or more
likely, a sender of the spam as determined by Mailman is a member. See
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/email/message.py?ref_type=heads#L87>
for documentation of the `senders` method that Mailman uses.
--
Mark Sapiro <[email protected]> The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at:
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/MQ7GHVC4KMEKPPDN24UDAIV56DEALGUE/
This message sent to [email protected]