On 6/23/26 3:31 PM, Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users wrote:
So i was going down the rabbit hole of why every outgoing message for a certain 
500+ member list is being VERPed, which lead to RoadRunner/Spectrum complaining 
about too many connections, and I tried to look at the verp configuration:

(venv) *mailman@mail*:*~*$ mailman conf |grep verp
[mta] verp_confirm_format: $address+$cookie
[mta] verp_confirm_regexp: ^(.*<)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$
[mta] verp_confirmations: yes
[mta] verp_delimiter: +
[mta] verp_delivery_interval: 1
[mta] verp_format: ${bounces}+${local}=${domain}
[mta] verp_owner_notifications: yes
[mta] verp_personalized_deliveries: yes
[mta] verp_probe_format: $bounces+$token@$domain
[mta] verp_probe_regexp: ^(?P<bounces>[^+]+?)\+(?P<token>[^@]+)@.*$
[mta] verp_probes: no
[mta] verp_regexp: ^(?P<bounces>[^+]+?)\+(?P<local>[^=]+)=(?P<domain>[^@]+)@.*$

I'm quite confused about why verp_delivery_interval is 1 instead of the default 0, and 
why verp_probes is no. I did make sure that "Personalize" was set to None.
I tried to override them in mm/var/etc/mailman.cfg, but it seems to be having 
no effect, even after restarting mailman.
Is this not the correct syntax:
[mta]
verp_delivery_interval: 0
verp_probes: yes

Is something else overriding my mailman.cfg setting?


Are you sure mm/var/etc/mailman.cfg is the actual mailman.cfg in use. `mailman info` will tell you.

I do have a list:member:regular:footer but it doesn't have any user information 
in it, so that shouldn't cause it to do the messages individually, should it?

No, the footer has nothin to do with it. I suspect you may have installed following <https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/install/virtualenv.html> in which case yoor mailman.cfg is /etc/mailman3/mailman.cfg and I suspect that file has `verp_delivery_interval: 1`

--
Mark Sapiro <[email protected]>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/PYWAKG3QAMVL7R33F74BMMPGQQIV5MR2/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to