Stephen Daniel writes:

 > What a mess.  My domain used to be managed by domains.google.com,
 > which got sold to Squarespace.  I looked at my DNS records on
 > Squarespace and I cannot find anything resembling normal DKIM
 > records.

Do you mean Squarespace allows you to manage your own DNS records and
you're looking at it in the management interface (in which case they
should give you a list of all records).  Or are you looking for
$SELECTOR._domainkey.XXX.org using a DNS lookup application (in which
case they may have rotated keys and changed the selector on you)?

 > I do see a CNAME record for _domainconnect.domains.squarespace.com,
 > which seems suspicious.
 > I also see a CNAME record for *randomname* with the value
 > *randomstring.* dv.googlehosted.com.

I don't see why that would be suspicious.  This kind of configuration
can be useful when "the server" is a cloud application.

 > How any of this ever worked I do not know.  I think it is time to
 > move my domain to Cloudflare and set up DKIM from scratch.

Generally that's a good idea if you know what you're doing.

 > >   Stephen Daniel writes
 > >
 > > > 550 5.7.9 This mail has been blocked because the sender is 
 > > > unauthenticated.
 > > > Yahoo requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.
 > > > Authentication results: DKIM = FAILURE - SPF XXX.org with ip X.Y.Z.W =
 > > > SUCCESS.

That is quite weird -- it says SPF authentication *succeeded*, which
should be sufficient.  It's possible it's a Yahoo misconfiguration
which will fix itself, as far as SPF is concerned.  But you should
still find out what's going on with DKIM.

Steve


-- 
GNU Mailman consultant (installation, migration, customization)
Sirius Open Source    https://www.siriusopensource.com/
Software systems consulting in Europe, North America, and Japan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/TNQMYBOJMVYQ7QRZC3YMO77TDCXT32HM/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to